Monday, November 1, 2010

"How-To" Spaghetti Dinner

I approached this project the same way I did for the in class assignment, "How-To" make a Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich.  I wanted to keep all of my graphics simple so the audience would not be confused.

I first began by breaking the page into four separate sections.  The top line consists of a barilla box of spaghetti and a can of red spaghetti sauce.  The next image, which appears on the same line, is a pot on top of a stove that is filled with water.  Looking back, I wish that I had added one more step in between these.  I should have shown a graphic displaying water being poured into the pot. 


The second lone consists of spaghetti being poured into the pot.  Again, I wish that I had added another step.  I wish that I had somehow figured out how display that the water must come to a boil before spaghetti is poured into the pot.  Next to the pot with spaghetti being poured into it is a clock.  The image next to the pot is of the spaghetti cooking in the pot.  Again, a clock is next to the pot.  The clock reads seven minutes later than the clock to the left of it.  A spaghetti box instructions include a seven minute cooking time.


The third line is the cooked pot of spaghetti being poured into a strainer in a sink.  The next graphic is the spaghetti in the strainer being poured onto a plate.


The final line is an image is the can of sauce being poured onto the spaghetti.  The final image is the plate if spaghetti with sauce on it, a fork and knife, and a glass of wine.


While this project seemed simple at first, it is not easy.  Once I completed my project I found that there were steps I missed.  Since I am so familiar with making spaghetti, I forgot steps that are second nature to me.  I have learned through this assignment and the in class assignment that a pre-graphic should be drawn so the final graphic does not have extraneous information or lack information.

No comments:

Post a Comment