Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Simple Table and Graphs

I had trouble beginning this assignment because it was difficult to find information about Roger Williams University.  I tried three different search engines before I came across the information I was looking for.  I chose to have to 3 variables: tuition cost of living on campus, tuition cost of living off campus, and the cost.

I created my table in excel.  I am not very familiar with excel, but I know enough to make a table and be able to graph it.  
  
The table itself is very simple, but I was not able to gather a lot of data.  The information only dates back until 2006.  Once my table was complete I made multiple graphs in order to determine which graph best displayed the information.  Each graph was constructed in excel, and then a title was given in PowerPoint.  I copied each graph into a PowerPoint document in order to adjust the size, add a title, and view the graph without the gridded lines excel has.

Sideways Bar Graph

Bar Graph
Line Graph

Pie Chart


3-dimensional Bar Graph

The two graphs that work the best are the Bar Graph and the 3-dimensional Bar Graph.  All the variables are the proper x and y axis and the graphs are easy for the audience to read and understand.  I'm happy I did this information because I live off campus and it was interesting to do a topic that pertained to my real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment