Monday, November 29, 2010

Storyboard

I began this project by looking at the pictures we were required to use.  I wanted to first see if I could make a story in my head before choosing a picture and realizing I had no idea what to write about.


I did the project a little backwards, I chose to do the storyboard using two of the required pictures first.  I chose the 4 boys in green t-shirts playing a sport and the profile shot of the man in a blue hat.  Since I chose the picture with the boys playing a sport [at least that is how I interpreted that picture] I wanted to sport to be soccer, not for any particular reason though.  I re-printed a storyboard sheet so four slides appeared on one piece of paper and used a ruler to draw black lines underneath for the narration.  The first box is a drawing I did of a boy getting a soccer ball kicked into him.  I used the 4 boys lined up next.  My narration displays my storyline.  The third box is the man in the blue hat who I made the father of the boy who got kicked with the soccer ball.  The fourth box shows the crowd of sympathetic parents at the soccer game. 


The picture I chose to use for the other storyboard was the four men walking in what seems to be a windstorm.  For this story I did first person narration.  The second box is a close-up of one of the men in the windstorm who does not have a mask to cover his mouth.  The third box is a close-up of all the men.  The last box is another close-up on a different man.  This story was harder to create since I had to draw 3 pictures instead of 2.  In order for the story to make sense I really concentrated on making the people consistent throughout each box.  I hope the audience is able to distinguish each person.


Not only did I have fun making up stories for pictures, I also learned that consistency and attention to detail are very important in both text and visual books.  I am pleased with how my stories came out because I think are slightly humorous and illustrated to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment